Day 1 - Finally doing something to make money online
This is a summary of the first day as I embark on my journey to make £5,000 a month online.
I've been thinking about this for a long time, read other blogs, listened to podcasts, read books, planned what I was going to do etc for well over a year. I never actually got around to doing anything though.
Like a lot of people I wanted to do something but kept waiting for the perfect idea, then all of a sudden it hit me...... In the time I've been loking for the perfect idea I could have tried out lots of good ideas and actually made some money already.
So, I sat down on August 31st 2015 and planned a hectic schedule to launch at least 5 of my ideas by the end of the year.
The ideas I have already are:
- Monetising this website with Google Ads and affiliate links
- Building up my Added Zen business
- Launching and monetising an authority site around a subject I have some interest in already (this one's been in my head for nearly 2 years)
- 2 or 3 niche sites to grab traffic and generate revenue form Ads
- Launch a product or 2 through Amazon FBA
- Set up a fun job hunting service
As I go I'll explain each of these in more detail, explain the SEO activity I undertake, then share what works and what doesn't.
I hope that over time this site will help others see what can be achieved and then try something out themselves.
Tip of the day: Get started, stop thinking about it and just get it done!
Today, I have set up 3 different domains in a brand new hosting account. Installed Drupal (A CMS I'll cover more as time goes on) onto two different URL's applied themes and set up a few basic pages.
I then wrote my first update post and started to think about what I'd do tomorrow.